At Goodall Dental Practice, we have a special interest in Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr Gill believes it takes an artistic eye and extensive experience to create your perfect smile, and is committed to ensuring our work is of the highest standard. We keep up to date with the cutting edge of dentistry by attending many lectures and hands on courses bringing the very best of Cosmetic Dentistry treatments to Walsall.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry can be any dental treatment- from simple teeth cleaning to complex smile makeovers – where the focus is on improving the appearance of your teeth.
Common Cosmetic Dental Treatments we offer at Goodall Dental Practice include;
- Professional stain removal – a jet wash for your teeth, great for tobacco, tea and coffee stains, can deliver results comparable to teeth whitening,
- Teeth whitening – the most common cosmetic treatment in the UK and perhaps the world, brighten your smile under the care of a professional, with a safe, pain-free treatment that takes a few weeks and lasts years,
- Bonded fillings – replace silver-amalgam fillings, or repair chipped, broken teeth, or close gaps,
- Enamel contouring – removing or contouring dental enamel to improve the appearance of your teeth, usually combined with bonding,
- Veneers – thin porcelain shells that fit on the front of your tooth to improve colour, shape, and position of one or multiple teeth,
- Componeers – similar to veneers but made of bonded filling material and lab-made plastic shells, stronger than composite veneers, less expensive than porcelain veneers,
- Crowns – completely cover chipped, broken, weak or heavily filled teeth, can be made of different grades of porcelain, metal or porcelain fused to metal,
- Bridges – a fixed solution for missing teeth, involves fixing porcelain teeth to the neighbouring teeth using wings or crowns,
- Orthodontics (braces) – adult braces are more popular than ever, normally concentrating on improving the position of front teeth to close gaps and straighten crooked teeth,
For more information on Cosmetic Dentistry at Goodall Dental Practice, or to book a free no obligation consultation, call the team on 01922 642621, or click here to send an online request.
What is Smile Design?
Have you ever been ashamed or embarrassed by your smile? Does your smile send the right message about you to other people? When you meet someone with a beautiful, stunning smile, it captures your attention.
Now is the time for you to be that someone!
Today at Goodall Dental Practice, we offer a range of Smile Design treatments that will help you make the most of your smile.
A Smile Makeover is a combination of cosmetic dental treatments that will provide you with a lot more confidence when you smile.
Smile Design treatments may include a combination of;
- tooth whitening,
- porcelain veneers, crowns and bridges,
- orthodontics (braces),
- Componeers and bonded fillings,
- enamel contouring,
Along with a stunning smile, treatment can also relieve any pain caused by imperfections in your teeth, such as chips, tooth erosion, cracks, shifted or crooked teeth, flawed gum line or an incorrect bite.
When assessing what a Smile Makeover could mean for you, Dr Gill will look at;
- Alignment and Spacing:Teeth that are crooked, overlapping or have gaps between them can be straightened and aligned when necessary through orthodontics or improved with veneers.
- Missing Teeth:One or more missing teeth can negatively affect the appearance of your smile – as well as affect your bite and increase your risk for tooth decay. Missing teeth can be replaced by dental implants, bridges or partial dentures.
- Harmony and Balance:Uneven, chipped and cracked teeth can be cosmetically bonded or contoured for an improved appearance.
- Fuller Lips, Smile and Cheeks:An unshapely or aging face can be improved or rejuvenated with certain procedures in the smile makeover category, including orthodontics and/or oral maxillofacial surgery.
After listening to what you don’t like or would like to improve about your smile, Dr Gill will work closely with you to develop a treatment plan designed to achieve exactly what you want from your makeover.
For more information on Smile Makeovers at Goodall Dental Practice, or to book a free no obligation consultation, call the team on 01922 642621, or click here to send an online request.